What is Output Management?
Output management is the efficient handling and exchange of business documents between companies, such as quotes, order confirmations and invoices.
Output Management, also known as document management, automates the management of business documents, enabling you to efficiently organize, format and distribute data from multiple sources, applications and systems such as ERP and CRM in a cost-effective way.
What can you use Output Management for?
Output Management can be used to design, format and distribute outgoing documents, reports and printouts such as quotes, invoices and labels.
Output management can also be used to handle EDI, SMS, digital signature, system integration and much more.
What are the benefits of Output Management software?
The benefits of investing in output management software are that it:
- Enables you to meet your customers’ content, format and distribution channel requirements
- Easily customize business documents and automate shipments
- Improves document workflows and omnichannel communication
- Reduce the cost of printing
- saves you money and resources on digitizing your business documents and workflows – easily and simply
What’s the difference between documents, transcripts and reports?
When we talk about output management, ‘documents’, ‘transcripts’ and ‘reports’ are all the same.
How do we make our ERP project as efficient as possible?
An efficient ERP project is achieved by using Tabellae’s processes, project documents and implementation guide. In addition, you must:
- Allocate the right resources
- Complete all DDSs and spend the required time on each report (typically 4-6 hours)
- Ask around the organization about other requirements (typically marketing or operations)
- Test and get report users to test with real test data
That way you go live on time and on budget – with the correct reporting requirements.
What does ISV mean in relation to software?
ISV stands for ‘Independent Software Vendor’, which translates to ‘independent software vendor’. It is a software vendor that specializes in a specific area.
An ISV is typically chosen when more than standard software is needed.
What are the document requirements in different countries?
There are many different document requirements and you need to comply with these to do business and avoid fines. For example, you need to be able to:
- insert a special icon on order confirmations to Germany
- use barcodes on production documents to Sweden
- Use a special format for US documents
If you do business internationally, you also need to be able to invoice electronically in certain formats to certain countries – and many countries are implementing e-invoicing in the coming years.
* New document requirements can affect your responsibilities as a trading partner when trading internationally – if you can’t deliver specific formats or requirements, you can’t trade with certain countries.